HB 666 moved onto the Senate. We are not sure of the timeline, but what we have learned is that everything is moving fast.
Please write letters to all the members of the Idaho Senate.
We do not have the information that was provided in legislator packets, including book titles, so we suggest you mention that we don't know if those books are actually in our library and what section they're in.
- Policies in place, age appropriate materials
- The ALA has policy in place too
- Books reconsidered may move to adult section
- Who gets criminalized? The person who bought the book? Shelved it? Checked it out?
- "Harmful material" is not well defined, opens the door to banning of a lot more than the books they're talking about
If you'd be willing to testify, please let Huda, our Legislative Committee Chair, know. Also, please reach out if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org